Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sir Gawain and the Loathly Lady

Year 5 have been enjoying reading the legend of Sir Gawain and the Loathly Lady. We have been thinking about the characters; their thoughts, actions and the choices they face. At one point in the story, Sir Gawain has to choose whether to have his wife beautiful by day and ugly by night, or the other way around. If you were Gawain, which choice would you make?

29 comments:

frank said...

If i were sir gawain i would hav here butiaful by day and ugly by night

oyinkan said...

if i were sir gawain i say that she should be ugly be day and beatiful at night because life is not all about looks its about pesonality.

courtney said...

If i were sir gawain i would choose beautiful by day and ugly by night.

Rebecca said...

If I were Sir Gawain I would choose beautiful by day and ugly by night.

caroline said...

If i were sir gawain i would let the loatly lady decide.

Anonymous said...

if i was sir gawain i would chose to let her have her own chose of what she wants becuse women want there own way she i would let her chose.

valjeta said...

if i was sir gawain i would let her pick what she would like because women like there own way.

Anonymous said...

If I were sir gawain I would have her beautiful bay day and ugly by night because then the whole castle wont make fun of her.

Nadia said...

If I was Sir Gawian I would tell the Loathly Lady that "I have no anwers to your qustion because lady need to have there on way.

Zahra said...

If I was Sir Gawain I would leave it up to the loathly lady because if you say you should be beautiful at night she will be angry and if you say you should be beautiful at day she will still be angry so you should leave it up to her.

Luvnish said...

If i was Sir Gawain i would let her diccide

Anonymous said...

If where sir gawain i would have my wife ugly by night and beautiful in day or i would have my wife beautiful every day.

usman said...

if i was sir gawan i would want
to see her first before marriying
her i would not see some before
mariride bu if she was ugly i would
not

chuks 5ts said...

Well sir Gawain is a nice man for marrying the ugly loathly lady he married her because he wanted to help king Arthur.But I would make her be beautiful by day and then ugly by night because the people can see she is a wonderful person.But she will be ugly at night so nobody will be able to see her uglyness.

tyler said...

I think that having her beutiful at day and ugly at night because at night you can't see her

elizabeth said...

Iwould let the lothly lady choose !!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel 5TS said...

I will choose beautifull by day ugly by night because if I go out side and every one will look at me and I will be shy and then If i go outside with beautifful women everyone will look at me and they will be jealous because she is so beautifful and everyone will want her as their wife

ahgelicad said...

I thinh that beutiful

Emily said...

i think sir gawan should give the loathly lady her own way because theres abig hint in the story for example "what women most desire is to have there own way" and i think the loathly lady should choose what she would be able to choose what ever she wants

tyla said...

i would pick to be beutiful by day and ugly at night because then no one would no that you are relly so ugly and then every body will be talking bhined his back that is what i think i

Anonymous said...

I would say you must choose what ever you want to say. You should have your way.The loathiy lady said
I would stay the way I am now by day and by night.

Toni 5TS said...

I Will Choose ugly by night becouse at night no one can see her and beautifful
at day i chose becouse when she go out to by beautifful at Day

Anonymous said...

i would say you pick because wommen most dissier there own way...........

Anonymous said...

I would choose ugly by night because in the day she wouud look beatiful and be by my side.

Anonymous said...

why did sir gawin married the loathly lady.How did the spell came of the loathly lady.why did king aurther gasped when he saw the loathly lady.

tyler said...

I think that her should be beutiful by day and ugly at night

ahgelica said...

I THink thet ahouid be beutiful

tyler said...

i thought that she was ugly but i still liked her

Toni 5TS said...

Queen Guinevere was nice wif loathly lady and him ciss her hand the first time when is see her do you want to marryedwif my