Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Tin Forest - Our creative curriculum

Year 4 have been studying a book called 'The Tin Forest'. This book has raised lots of questions to investigate in science. We have done some lovely work in Literacy. We have even done some creative design and technology and music work about this book. Year Four, share some of the things you have learnt during this unit and what did you enjoy the most about your learning?

28 comments:

Edona 4rs said...

I had so much fun lesrning about the tin forset. I loved making the insturnments in art and dt it was so much fun. One day we would be learning how to play it.It was fun decorating the insturments. I hope one day we can do fun stuff like this.

Anonymous said...

i liked the art in tin forest we made instruments i made half guiter and drum it was decorated with sweet wrapers.THE END

Hannah 4RS said...

the best thing i like about the tin forest is that we made insterments it was really exiceting and fun i hope we can show it in assmeberly i tryed to play it and there is a nice sound. i also like writing the diary of the toucan and the old man so if you are doing the tin forest then its going to be geart fun !

zakki 4rs said...

I liked the man when he stared at the bird singing and the instruments that we made

selma 4rs said...

I liked the instruments the best because it was fun to make and we used diffrent materials,sweet rappers,cardboard boxes and foil

Anonymous said...

i think that the insterments were the best because we got to make by areselfs so if think it is the best !

Anonymous said...

my favorite part of the tin forest is when were making the pots and painting them

elvis said...

I like the tin forest when we had to draw and wrote on our creative learning books.My favourite thing was when we drawed the pots for the plants.

Anonymous said...

The first time i saw this book I thought it would be really boring but when we done drama design and technology I really enjoyed myself.My favourite part was painting the vines on our pots.cong

Rebecca 4SG said...

what i enjoyed most about learning is when we started making pots for our spider that we are going to plant a bit later.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great book.

It make's me feel lonley but getting more friends!!

My favirote part of the tin forest is is when he start to make it all!

This book is very sad at the begging, very lonley, but when he finds a metal flower and starts to get all the rubbish and makes a tin forest.

liyah/4SG said...

My favorite part of the tin forest is when we where making the pot's for our plant's.

Fahmi 4SG said...

Well I like the tin forest it helps me do my work and learn alot of literacy. I thought it was a very great storyl. All the yr4 classes did a music story with Mr.Marshall which help me learn music and stories. My favourite part of The Tin Forest was when when the yellow Toucan came and dropped the seed that planted The Tin Forest into a real forest with animals.

Anonymous said...

Its a very good book.

The old man finds a metal flower then gets an idear to make a tin forest.

It makes me feel very lonley.

Anonymous said...

I made a plant pot.Mis gordon said it was lovely.I learned all about plants. it was fun doing creative learning.

Rahul 5cw said...

The display of the " The tin forest" looks very (x100) good :D.

Anonymous said...

i had fun learning about the tin forest and we are making things about it

Anonymous said...

Well I like the tin forest it helps me do my work and learn alot of literacy. I thought it was a very great storyl. All the yr4 classes did a music story with Mr.Marshall which help me learn music and stories. My favourite part of The Tin Forest was when when the yellow Toucan came and dropped the seed that planted The Tin Forest into a real forest with animals.I like the tin forest when we had to draw and wrote on our creative learning books.My favourite thing was when we drawed the pots for the plants.

Danielius4SG said...

It was really fun learning about the tin forest. My favourite part of it was when the old man started building the tin forest.

elvis said...

I like the old mans wish and the best bit was when he made the tin forest.

Anonymous said...

what like is the wish

Anonymous said...

I had fun learning about the tin forest. my favirote bit was in art when we made the instroments.

Danielius4SG said...

the tin forest was a very interesting book. My favourite part of the story was when a real forest grew.

Rebecca 4SG said...

I like the tin forest when we had to draw and wrote on our creative learning books.My favourite thing was when we drawed the pots for the plants.

Kieron and Nicola said...

thank you for lovely effort in the tin forest that you made thank you miss Willams xx

jaanikha and Lijana 3at said...

I enjoyed having fun it was the best thing ever the school councilers has good idears.
it was fun decorrating the class so much It was the fun thing ever.

saskia said...

It was fun when we all dreesed up in are scottish costumes and people came to our class room and we showed them our wonderful dance that miss gordon made up for us and we added some more on and we helped her. it was also fun when we whent to over peoples class rooms and they showed us there nice dancess.

Maha and Arron 3AT said...

I really appreciate 5CW hard work in the "Tin Forest" so Thank you very much xxxxxxx.