Thursday, January 21, 2010

Great Books!

What great book have you read recently? Tell us a little bit about it.
Why do you think that book is so great?

26 comments:

Mrs Gordon said...

I've been reading 'Little Miss Pepper Pot' I think it's great because at any time she can suddenly shrink to the size of a pepper pot with no warning at all! She gets up to all sorts of miniature fun adventures. What great books have you been reading?

rhianna 4SG said...

my favorite book is double act its really really funny!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i like torchwood the book

Danielius 4SG said...

I like reading terry derry's shark stories because it is a verry interesting and true and nasty but I still like it.

marko 4sg said...

I like reading Asterix The Gaul.Asterix`s books are so I could laugh my head off!

Anonymous said...

I've read a book and it is called "phillipa fisher's fairy god sister".

rebecca 4SG said...

I've read a book that is called 'There was an old woman who swallowed a fly' she is an old lady who swallows a fly,spider,bird,dog,cow,horse and then she dead of course and the author is a good one because he does some of the words in a sprial and it is very funny and I really wanted to share my book so i went to this club called book-share club it was very fun

Venujan said...

I liked the book called captin underpants because it is funny.

vakare4SG said...

I have been reading a book called"unicorn school"its a great book because its all about unicorns and I love unicorns.

This book is about some unicorns going to school and finding new friends.

I loved it!

Shaun said...

I like the books called Horrid Henry because it is so funny.

kimora said...

I been reading a book called The family who won a millon.

Elmedina said...

I have been resding a book called The family who won a million.In this book there is a family who have a lottery ticket and they win a million pounds.

Mr Long said...

Every year for the past 10 years, I think, I read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickins at Christmas time. I love the language that Dickins uses. Gems such as:
"You want to be anonymous?"
"I want to be left alone!"
And:
"The wisdom of our forefathers is in the simile."
Such a wonderful book and one that I look forward to reading again at Christmas.
I'm presently reading another of Dickins's classics: Oliver Twist. However, it's over 300 pages long so it might be a while until I've finished!

Miss Fitzpatrick said...

I love reading too and it is great to find out about the books that you are interested in and why you like them so much. I remember reading 'Little Miss Pepper Pot' and the one about the old woman who swallowed a fly - they are both great fun. My favourite book when I was a little bit younger than you was called 'It's a Busy Busy World' by Richard Scarry. It had great pictures and stories from lots of different countries.
Miss Williams, Miss Dixon and I often tell each other about good books we are reading and swap them with each other. At the moment I am reading a biography of Billy Bragg, it is really interesting as he grew up in Barking before he became famous. Maybe I will be reading a book about one of you in the future!

jessica said...

i've been reading twilight i think it's the best book i have read so far i hope at the new moon,eepise and breaking dawn is even better.

i thinks it's impossalbe to get a better book than twilight.

i LOVE twilight beause it gives you every single detail in the book like this:

how she/he is doing things
why is she/he doing them

how is she/he is is feel about themselfs and others

i love lots of other book but twilight is the best

Anonymous said...

i have been readng twilight i love it i hope the new moon,eepise and breaking dawn is ever better but i think thats impossalbe i LOVE twilight beause it gives you every single bit of deltail like this:
how she/he did this
why they did this
how they felt and other felt

by jessica

bobbie said...

I love the book Tilly beany because it is funny and Tilly is alway's a differrent person than herself she is a mermaid,princess and more things. xx

Anonymous said...

i have been reading a really good book its called the slave of the mastery and all of the slaves are trying to escape but now i am reading number 2 by Nadia in 5cw

rahul patel 5cw said...

I like the book called ravens gate its the first book of four there are four books first ravens gate,evil star , night rise, then nectopolus, im on evil star, its a great book and i got it from the libary in the upper school building :D

Danielius4SG said...

I gust can't beleve how funny dirary of a wimpy kid book is!

Anonymous said...

My favourite books are BeatsQuest because it is adventures.

Danielius4SG said...

I really want the new Darren Shan book because it is really interesting.

Anonymous said...

My best book is the hannah montanas because they are so funny and they tell you her secrets!!

rhianna 4SG said...

i like the book called the viewer

Edona 4rs said...

i love books i allways read books every where. books are really intresting and good.

Unknown said...

i like loaads of books i get books from barking libary and skool libary they are all good i want to read books form diffrent places

from ceyda in 6rd