Thursday, February 14, 2008

What's the most powerful chess piece?


Hi, everyone - Chess Club members probably!
Here's a question to get us thinking and responding:




What's the most powerful chess piece?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's the Queen because she can move in all directions.

Anonymous said...

Well, the King!

Anonymous said...

The pawn is the most powerful in that it can transform from being a lowly infant to a Queen upon reaching the 8th rank!

Anonymous said...

The pawn is the most powerful in that it can transform from being a lowly infant to a Queen upon reaching the 8th rank!

Anonymous said...

The Queen is what I'd say since it is mst useful for checking or check mateing the king;it can also move in an direction an number of steps.

Anonymous said...

Chess Club are writing their comments. Please have a look!

Anonymous said...

i think that queen is the stronges peas on the board because it can move any spases and

Anonymous said...

I think the queen is because it can move on most of the places on the board therefore it can atack a number of peices on the board.

Anonymous said...

I think its the queen because she can move forward backwards side and diagnol which makes her stronger when she can move everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I think the King is the most powerful peice because the king is the only peice that can be checkmated. Thats why!

Anonymous said...

I think that the most powerful pawn because it has the power of two peices

Anonymous said...

I think it is the Bishop because it can move any number of spaces diagonally.Left or right.

Anonymous said...

i think it is the king

Anonymous said...

i think the queen is the most powerful piece because she can move in any direction(any number of squares)and she is worth 9 pawns.Also because you can get up to 9 queens in a game.The only way to get more queens or get 1 back is to keep geting your pawns down to the 8th rank.it can checkmate and check really quickly.

Anonymous said...

THE QUEEN!

karan/centre guy said...

I like think the rook because it is similiar to a queen and worth 5 points.It can has the ability to castle a king.

Anonymous said...

i think it can be 3 different piece not only 1!It can either be the queen,the bishop or the rook.The queen because she can move in any direction and you can have more than 1 queen.The bishop because it can move any number of spaces diagonaly.The rook because it can castle with the king and move any number of spaces fowards,backwards,left and right.

Anonymous said...

i reckon all of them are powerful in their own way.doesn't matter how much they're worth because it doesn't mean that one is more special than the other.

Danielius4SG said...

I think its the rook because you can stack them up like ladders and get cheakmate easaly